Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Memorial Day

{Memorial Day circa 1993. I'm on the far left}

Between the huge bruise on my foot from clumsily dropping the hair dryer, the nasty sunburn I received on Sunday (I kept reapplying spf 50 only to find out that the sunscreen expired in 1996 and therefore wasn't doing diddly-squat...), and the ghastly pale skin that hasn't had sun exposure, I am red white and blue. How appropriate for Memorial Day. I'd like to say I planned it, but that would just be a lie.

{The lovely side view of my sunburned thigh}

I started off my Memorial Day at 3 am to the sound of a whimpering dog. Lenny? What the heck? I haven't heard him whimper since he was like 8 months old. So begrudgingly I go downstairs to let him go the bathroom. How nice of me, right? Well then the darn dog didn't want to come in. No good deed goes unpunished. Finally I got him back in and I head upstairs to return to my slumber. Five minutes later the whimpering is back. I think to myself, "Maybe he's not done doing his business." So I go back down and open the backdoor. He just looks at it and instead sits next to refrigerator and looks up at where we keep his treats. Oh hell no. So I go back up to bed. Three minutes later? More of the damn whimpering. Apparently Lenny was lonely or something because eventually I moved my pillow and comforter to the family room couch where he nestled his head into the crook of my arm as I slept. That darn dog. God love him.
Once I finally woke up, the rest of the day went a lil something like dis...
1) It was rainy for a good chunk of the afternoon, so I welcomed the opportunity to bury myself in covers and finish reading Wonderful Tonight. I started reading it last summer right before school started and unfortunately didn't get to finish it before classes got into full swing. I wasn't alive in the 60's but I'm pretty sure I have/always will have Beatlemania.
2) I soothed my sunburns by applying aloe a bajillion times.
2) Inspired by old photographs of Pattie Boyd and her beautiful eyes, I tried my hand at 60's eye makeup. Needless to say, it didn't quite turn out.
3) Watched the Blackhawks win (!!!) and watched the Bachelorette (some of the guys = holy hair gel) with friends.
4) Laughed out loud as I watched this clip literally four times in a row. Stephen Merchant, I love you. Extras, I love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment