Saturday, June 5, 2010

martha's vineyard and cape cod

Vacationing with my parents = one big fanny pack adventure

OK there weren't actually any fanny packs involved, but there might as well have been. Between my mom's constant picture taking, me with my video camera, and my dad's three maps, we screamed tourists. My mom literally stopped traffic to take a picture of a fire hydrant. The people in the cars weren't even upset that my mom was holding them up; I think they were just stunned that there was a lady taking a picture of a fire hydrant. It kind of reminded me of the scene from Anchorman when Ron Burgundy says to Baxter, "What? You pooped in the refrigerator? And you ate the whole... wheel of cheese? How'd you do that? Heck, I'm not even mad; that's amazing." In both situations, there was just pure awe.
I must admit though, I was the one who asked my mom to take the picture. Upon seeing this particular fire hydrant, I think I said something like, "Mom, look at that fire hydrant. Light blue? Take a picture." My dad then just rolled his eyes and kept walking.

{Window shopping in Falmouth with my mom}
{A random barking chocolate lab my mom and I named Buster}
{Walking through a garden on the Cape. Notice the map in the back pocket}
{Houses in Martha's Vineyard that are too cute for their own good}
{The infamous fire hydrant. But honestly, are these common? I've never seen these colors in the midwest}

No comments:

Post a Comment