Friday, March 15, 2013
This gave me a good laugh.
In other news:
- I almost bit it two times today on the walk in to work today.
- Had a kindergarten student show off his 2 Spiderman rings he got from his birthday cupcakes and his big, proud smile warmed my heart in the best way possible.
- Good conversation today with the lady that works at the nearby Subway. Starting to really try and see the people that I interact with.
- Worked out a deal with a student focused around writing to see if it can improve bus behavior.
- Started what I consider to be a boss playlist for my kiddos while they do independent work. I decided to introduce them to some oldies. If I play songs that they know they tend to get distracted. If you have any suggestions for me to add, send them my way! Here is part of the playlist:
My current favorite song on the playlist. Those moves at 1:35. Love.
Sunday, March 3, 2013
January and February have come and gone. I'm ready for Spring. Real ready. Super ready. Ready, ready. I want to go for walks and bike rides after work and then finish it off with a stop at the ice cream parlor. I want to make a softball team with friends and join a league (minimally competitive of course). I want to wear a sweatshirt and shoots hoops outside at the nearby park. I want to have my mom visit and sit on my back porch with her.
Until then, here are some goodies I captured on my phone over the past two months.
1. Notes I got from two 1st grade boys. Cuties.
2. 100th Day of School celebration crafts. The wall behind my desk. Junie B. Jones fascination.
3. Trip to Park City, Utah with friends for the Sundance Film Festival.
4. My perty little bike that I am dying to ride regularly. Took her for a spin around Lake Harriet yesterday and she rode like a beauty.
5. A card, a view from my room, a note of encouragement.
6. Family room, gift from brother for Valentine's Day, text messaging with the bro... keeping one another sane.