Wednesday, June 9, 2010

tough love

I'm trying to come to terms with the fact that my dog Lenny likes our cleaning lady more than me.

All she has to do is walk in, pat him on the head and say "hi" in her Polish accent and he goes berserk. I come home from college, adorn him with hugs, tell him he's handsome and all he does is look at me and basically say, "Cut the crap and gimme my damn treats."

I have a feeling Lenny might just be annoyed with me. Possibly because I force him to sit still while I take pictures of him wearing hats, or maybe because I'm a blabber mouth and talk to him like he's a human (plus my voice takes on a super annoying pitch whenever I talk to him). Or maybe because I film him when he is just trying to rest. I guess those are pretty legitimate reasons to give me the cold shoulder.

But I helped pick Lenny out god dammit and I think that positions me as someone he should prioritize. At least more than Mary our cleaning lady who he only sees two or three times a month.

1 comment:

  1. My doggy switches allegiances to anyone who gives him food. It's very sad.

    ReplyDelete