Wednesday, March 10, 2010

The Third Man Ending...

... is breathtakingly beautiful -- the culmination of everything worthwhile -- the GREAT BAMBINO!

*if you don't know what I'm talking about in that last one, either A) you need to brush up on America's pastime or B) need to watch the Sandlot.

I suppose you shouldn't watch the clip if you haven't seen the move yet and intend to do so. But if you have seen the movie or never will (BIG mistake), you should bask in the glory of this ending.


The tall dying trees, the long take, the stationary camera, the lighting of the cigarette -- it's all just really grrrrrreat.

Here is Ebert's review.

***
Smalls: Oh yeah, the Great Bambino. Of course! I thought you said the Great Bambi.
Ham Porter: That wimpy deer?

In Unrelated News:
- On my exam this morning, we had an essay question on an article that I didn't read. First part was to name the author's 6 main ideas. My thoughts upon reading the prompt, "Well, I am in quite the pickle."
- Handed in the first draft of my screenplay. Turns out it is a lot easier to write a screenplay in your head than on paper.
- I can't pronounce Amadeus.
- I need to get a new sleep pattern.
- Alec Baldwin is kinda foxy in Beetlejuice.

1 comment:

  1. 1. Does the Third Man take place in Vienna? 'cus I'm going there this weekend!

    2. do a post on Benny Rodriguez

    3. and Alec Baldwin is kinda foxy in 30 Rock too

    ReplyDelete