Monday, May 10, 2010

happy momma's day, momma


Don't worry momma, I am right here at home - Steve Miller
Happenstance brought me home to Chicago this weekend, so luckily, I got to spend Mother's Day with my momma.
Between my interview and her work schedule we still managed to watch Modern Family (the same episode twice), cuddle on the couch, and walk through the backyard garden. When I asked you if you and dad walk through the garden on a daily basis, you said, "Of course. I make him." That made me laugh. And it still is making me laugh.

Mom, it feels almost silly to say it, only because I think you already know it, but I'll say it anyway -- I'd be lost without you. You mean so much to me. I admire your smile, your kindness, your sincerity and your goofiness. I appreciate your advice and your continuous love. You listen to me when even I wouldn't want to listen to me and you put up with me when even I wouldn't want to put up with me. I guess that's what love is all about. More or less.

Come on mommy just dance wit me, let the whole world see your dancing feet - Kanye
Speaking of goofy, ya know what was goofy? This weekend when you insisted dad turn off the instrumental music he was playing and made him turn on Lady Gaga so we could dance. You then proceeded to show me your moves and asked me to show you mine. And why did you want to see my moves? You said you wanted to practice so you could look cool when you come to party with me and my girlfriends to Lady Gaga at my house next year. I think you think all I do is party and dance. But hate to break it to ya ma, but if you wanna get good grades, college can't be just one big dance party, despite how enticing the music may be. You make me question how much work actually got done at Marquette when you went there. Working hard or hardly working? Hee hee I'm just kidding.

Love you,
KQ

1 comment:

  1. That was soooo sweet.
    Goodness, your mom is beautiful!
    (beyond gorgeous dark hair, too!)

    oh. and I love your bangs.
    Adorable.

    ReplyDelete