Friday, July 16, 2010

Scrubbing boarding school floors

(the above title is pretty misleading)

Without much thought or reason, I have come to the conclusion that I want to teach English at a boarding school on the East coast. Like Massachusetts, Vermont, or Connecticut. I told my dad and his response was, "Who do you think you are?Harry Potter?" He then proceeded to wash the dishes.

Hmmm, so was that a sign of approval or disapproval?
{Kent School in Connecticut. Not too shabby}

In other news...

I had every intention of going to the gym today at 6 o'clock.
Three hours later I'm waking up to my telephone ringing and I'm lying in my parent's bed.
I'm not quite sure how that adds up.

Yesterday I got coffee with my friend Claire who is currently living in Grinnell (where she goes to school).
Could talk for hours and hours about nothing and everything with that girl.
After departing, I received this text from her: "TLC - No Scrubs - on the radio. Bummmmmp it."
With no coincidence, I was already jamming to it.
Growing up, despite not knowing what a "scrub" was, I sang that song with a passion like no other.

No comments:

Post a Comment