Friday, August 17, 2012

My former student holding it down for the ladies

Have you seen the Hot Cheetos and Takis video? You should! It's blowing up. My former student, Jasiona, is the girl rapper in the video.  She is so talented, sweet and hard working. I absolutely loved having her in class.  She always had a positive attitude and a great energy.  She was never afraid to ask questions and she always gave her best effort.  She was in 4th grade but was in my 6th grade reading class.  I'd like to say that I gave her these rapping skills, but that would be a lie; she's just a natural!

True story: One day when we finished our reading lesson early, Jasiona taught me and the rest of the class how to dougie. It was one of the best days.  Also worth noting, Jasiona and Eric, who I mentioned in a past post as being the kid who liked to dance to Thriller, were both in my reading class... what I'm trying to say is that reading was one of the best hours of the day... learning and fun intertwined... doesn't get much better than that.

I talked to Jasiona's mom today and she informed me that Y.N. Rich Kids are performing tonight at 5:00 at the YMCA in North Minneapolis on Broadway.  If you are in the Twin Cities area, you should go! These kids are awesome. So invigorating to see young kids being positive and having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment