Saturday, November 27, 2010

A movie I can snuggle up to after a plate of mashed potatoes


I'm the youngest of all my cousins on my mom's side. When I was growing up, my grandma only had one VHS in her house - Planes, Trains and Automobiles. So, even though I was only in kindergarten, I'd join my older cousins and watch that movie in her family room on holidays. I remember crying when I found out John Candy's character was homeless and a widower. Honestly, it was really sad and eye-opening; probably the first moment I realized there was a world outside my own. I was a pretty deep and profound child... meh not really actually.

Anyway, it's one of my favorite movies of all time, and it's definitely my favorite Thanksgiving movie. Here's a clip where the acting is just superb. RIP John Candy. I feel like I can relate to the lines, "I talk too much. I also listen too much." Just some really great writing right there.

No comments:

Post a Comment