Friday, April 2, 2010

Sherbert Skies and Lazy Lenny



A quiet day with Lenny, is a day well spent.

Yesterday I woke up to a soft breeze from across the room. My mom had tiptoed into my bedroom before leaving for work at 6 a.m. (thanks momma!) Chicago broke the record for highest temperature for April 1st. It was 83 degrees out, breaking the record set in 1946! After spending a few more moments lying in bed being grateful for being on spring break rather than cramming my head with tedious facts at school , I proceeded downstairs where I was greeted by my dog Lenny. I grabbed a bowl of Cheeios, cut up some strawberries, made a Chai Latte using the mix from Trader Joe's (heavenly), and then plopped down on the couch to watch old episodes of The Office. Success!

After being a bum for a good two hours, I decided that maaaaaybe I should do a little homework. I mean, that 15 page paper due next week probably won't write itself (though I sure wish it would). So I went upstairs to do some homework in my favorite chair in my bedroom. Lenny isn't suppose to come upstairs, but when no one else is home (everyone was at work) I bring him up anyways. We are rebels. Since I don't have any younger siblings, Lenny has taken that role. And I am definitely the older, annoying sister who entices him to do bad things. So I was just doing some homework/daydreaming while Lenny rested by my side. After awhile he got up. I figured he went back downstairs. Twenty minutes later I got up to go the bathroom, and on my way, this is what I saw...

I caught Lenny just staring out the front window in my parent's bedroom. The window was just the right height for him to be able to stick his snout over the ledge and sniff for all the glorious wonders of outside. It reminded me of the scene from 101 Dalmatians when Pongo looks out the window to find a suitable mate for his owner.

Later in the day, we went for a walk where rude dogs barked at Lenny. Didn't even faze him, he just kept trotting along like the well behaved doggy he always is.
{Here is a cute garage/picket fence we passed one block away from my house}

When we got back from our walk, I played basketball (just shot around) while Lenny watched. He's my number one fan.
And finally we sat on the patio and admired the beautiful spring day.

2 comments:

  1. I love lazy days with Lenny...like laying out in your backyard :) Cute post KQ

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Lenny. Dogs are really lovely sometimes. And sometimes they're not (like those rude barkers).

    ReplyDelete