Sunday, September 25, 2011

Salut

Yesterday I had lunch with my mom's college roommate Fran who I haven't seen in 21 years! So technically, I've never seen her, because the lord knows I have no memory from when I was 1 years old. My precise cognitive awareness didn't kick in until I was 2. It was a heck of a year!
Anyway, Fran lives in St. Paul and treated me to brunch at Salut. It was the best. Just what I needed. It was so nice to be around a mom and to have someone say the types of things like, "Don't work yourself too hard," "Make sure you make time for yourself," "Ya know, kids can just be brats, can't they?"

Sigh of relief.

Breath of fresh air.

I've only been working for 5 weeks? Yikes.

So, during the week I eat terribly. PB&J, pretzels and coffee is my diet. Throw some Chex Mix in for good measure. I know, it's super bland and bad and boring and I'm gonna pay for it.

But, on the weekends, I've been making up for it. As I said, I went to Salut, and it was bom-chicka-wow-wow good.
I had the eggs florentine.

I didn't get the french fries.... but there's always next time.

We sat outdoors because it was such a lovely fall day with a bonus of sunshine - image via


Went to Starbucks to grade homework and got a pumpkin spice latte. Fall is here. And it feels so right.

No comments:

Post a Comment