Thursday, April 26, 2012

Home is where the heart is

I spent three impromptu days at home in Chicago. They were wonderful. Mainly because I didn't do anything but hang with those I love. Then it was back to the grind of work and school in Minnesota. Two highlights: 1) One of my students told me I looked like Luke Skywalker. When I asked why, he responded, "Because you're wearing a belt." Classic. 2) I finished up grad classes for the semester. Hopefully that means Thirsty Thursday can commence. 





1. A cup of joe for my dad Joe. A beautiful mug from the maker Cat Studio.
2. My dog Lenny. The Marlon Brando of black labs. 
3. My darling grandma in her senior graduation picture in 1933 from Mercy High School in Chicago. The caption under her name says, "An Irish nose that wiggles expressively when she talks... optimistic philosopher." I'm not quite sure what that all means, but I like it. 
4. A close up of her - top right. 

No comments:

Post a Comment