Monday, September 20, 2010

Viva Las Vegas

{Me and the roommates at the tailgate}

Catch up time. I went to Vegas two weeks ago for the Wisconsin vs. UNLV football game. Well we didn't actually go to the game (we didn't have tickets), but we did tailgate at the stadium and eat brats and drink beer. It was a fun (to say the least) but exhausting trip.

I'm convinced that in Vegas people don't have faces. Just bodies. Everyone is moving so quickly it's difficult to make out who anyone is. And most people have cameras pressed up to their face so it is actually quite literally difficult to see them.

Highlights of the trip:
1) Piano bar where our requested song "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay" by Otis Redding was played and we sang and danced along. Another good song we jammed to at the piano bar included Sweet Caroline.
{PS I have told many a person that if I were to ever try out for American Idol (which I wouldn't because I can't sting) I'd sing "Sitting on the Dock of the Bay". Sara Bareilles version is "whoa good" too}
2) Saw a Beatles Tribute band play at Planet Hollywood! Costumes and all! My favorite was when they played "While my Guitar Gently Weeps" and "Twist and Shout".

3) Laying out at the pool with my gals and lazily reading.

4) The water show at The Bellagio.

5) Watching my roommates make money. I quickly learned I am not cut out for gambling. I ost $30 within 1 minute. YIKES! But then I regained $6 of it by playing the slots. Oh yeaaaaaa.

{Mal saw some Wisconsin fans doing the Cupid Shuffle and, naturally, she wanted in}
{Scenery at the tailgate}
{Mallory, me, Lauren at The Flamingo}
{Mal, me, Shauna, Alli, Lauren, Ann and the Beatles}

2 comments:

  1. Sara Bareilles!! She is AMAZING. Have you heard the remake of the Weezer song "If You're Wondering" with her featured in it? lovelovelove!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that you went and were there. I wonder if we crossed paths at any point?!?! Sounds like you had an incredible time. On Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete