Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Red Tent


The Red Tent - Anita Diamant

  1. "If you want to understand any woman, you must first ask about her mother and then listen carefully. ” P. 2
  2. "He gave me a woolen bracelet.  It was nothing. No precious metal, or ivory, or anything of value. Just a woven braid made from leavings, the kind of thing shepherd boys make absentmindedly, sitting under a tree in the heat of the day, out of tufts of wool caught on brambles or blown to the ground." P. 53
  3. "I am lucky that your friend does not understand the meaning of 'no.'" P. 275
  4. "My beloved turned into a beacon as bright as the sun, and his light warmed me through and through.  Kiya glowed like the moon and sang with the green and solemn voice of the Queen of the Night." P. 320
  5. "If you sit on the bank of a river, you see only a small part of its surface.  And yet, the water before your eyes is proof of unknowable depths. My heart brims with thanks for the kindness you have shown me by sitting on the bank of this river, by visiting the echoes of my name." P. 321

No comments:

Post a Comment