Sunday, August 21, 2011

Basilica

This morning was quite a refreshing one. I woke up and went to church with my cousin Kate and her fiance Dan. It's so nice to have family around when you are adjusting to a new city. The three of us went to an enormous church, The Basilica of Saint Mary. It was absolutely beautiful - ornate, tons of mosaics and stained glass windows. It was a good start to the day.
{image via}
To make the day even better, we then moseyed our way on over to a quaint diner called "Our Kitchen" for breakfast. I demolished everything. So good. So, so good.

Then I lesson planned for the majority of the remainder of the day. That wasn't nearly as fun or exciting. What is this grown up mumbo jumbo?


In unrelated news:
It is quite annoying when people are condescending about condiments. I've gotten, "You're from Chicago and don't eat your hot dogs Chicago style? FREAK!" a few too many times. Well, listen up, buddy. I don't like mustard, relish or pickles, so why would I put all that on my fine hot dog? You don't see me blabbing about your hot dog. Back off. (People technically never call me a freak, but, exaggeration felt necessary.)

Scab on ankle that really itches. The temptation to scratch it is reaching skyrocket levels.

Eating plain carrots is overrated. Throw spinach artichoke dip into the mix and then we're talking.

Lantern lighting makes all the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment