Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Claiming the page

Keeping a diary always sounds good in theory.
If you are anything like me, you write it in about 11 times (at max) and then forget it exists.

I just came across my diary that I started in third grade. Here is a memorable entry:
“Grace was over. We made a dance routine to ‘Wannabe’ by the Spice Girls. I told her Posh was my favorite and she told me that Posh is ugly and looks like a camel. When she left I ran to my room and cried.”
WOWZA someone get my 9-year-old self on Dr. Phil stat!

Well, my dearest friend Anne got me a journal from Florence when she studied abroad in Italy.
I am determined to write it in often. Anything and everything. I keep it at my bedside. Here is my first entry:
"When I was 15 this popular girl in my Foods and Wellness class told me that in order to get rid of the suds quicker when rinsing the dishes, you should use cold water. I never really investigated it; I always just took it as fact. I almost asked her why but instead I told her I liked her jean jacket. 15 - eager to smile - naive - dumbo eyes -- I still haven't changed."

*I just investigated the cold water trick. Turns out she was right. Something about dissipation or some shenanigans of that sort. Sounds made up to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment