School starts en dos dias. YIKES! And though I am sad to leave behind lazy days and beautiful sunshine, I look forward to a fresh start of my junior year. Straight A's here I come (.... hopefully... probably not... it would be nice... already dreading the thought of papers... and pop quizzes... and difficult tests... AHHHH). But I do love the beginning of the school year, when it's easy to have an optimistic outlook on all the hills that lie ahead (is it lay or lie? I'm an English major and it still throws me through loops trying to figure that one out. That's probably not good.) But I am most excited about... FALL WEATHER!!! Being outside with the leaves falling, wearing comfy sweatshirts, drinking apple cider or hot cocoa, bonfires, Badger football games, the smell of autumn air, cool breezes, and the list goes on and on and on...But before getting into major fall mode, I mustn't forget to scribble down some highlights from summer that I have neglected to record. Oh summer, I love you... just not as much as I love fall. No hard feelings.
1) My dear friend Catie visited me in Madison. And I loved it. Because she is funny/makes me laugh and we share a love for Disney'sThe Hunchback of Notre Dame.
2) Dinner at Potter's (an unfittingly named Mexican restaurant in Naperville) with some of my Brosnan cousins (Bridget, Pattie, & Nora).
3) I went with Sam and Liana to Madison's Comedy Club and drank grasshopper drink things that tasted like mint chocolate chip milkshakes.
4) Family reunion with my dad's side (He's is one of about 60 cousins...so it's big) at the ole' LaSalle Manor.
6) Madison Orchestra on the Square! Listening to some good music at the Capitol. This picture reminds me of a Where's Waldo page. And that orange balloon is sticking out like a sore thumb.